Friday, January 7, 2011

My Agility Goal

My AGILITY GOAL is:
  • to learn how to handle properly
  • to earn my dog's trust
  • to build the partnership necessary to compete as a team
  • to respect my dog for who she is.
References:
"Clean Run", January 2011, Lowell Schmorrow-Zuckerman
Susan Wilson, A Good Dog's Life, 33 Hidden Acres Drive, Asheville, NC 28806  

Learning to tell the difference between aspiration and expectation:
  • Aspiration is about realizing one's potential. It is the desire for me and my dog to develop as a team to the best of our abilities.
  • Expectation is something entirely different. It is built on ego. It is the disappointment of not having the perfect day. Expectation does not help you aspire to be your best; it is a distraction.
We aspire to do the best we can, to learn from our mistakes, and to always keep in mind that regardless of the success or failure that we experience at a particular moment, we can always be satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment