Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year - 2013

Happy New Year to all from Tennessee! I always love the enthusiasm and optimism of starting a new year.


My girl, Nina, turned 4 last month. How does it happen that time passes so quickly? Wasn't is just recently that I brought back home that tiny, fluffy, wiggly, ball of fur that would climb over the top of a 4 ft tall X-pen in a heartbeat?

We are continuing our love for agility. We trialed in Florida last week for the first time (Palmetto) and are closing in on MACH3. Agility goals for 2013: Perform well at our first AKC nationals, train more / trial less, expand our horizon to include some USDAA events, chair my club's agility trial next December.

Retrieving remains one of the most fun things I do with my poodle. Any time spent outside surrounded by nature is enjoyable, but seeing the joy and intensity of a poodle retrieving ducks, bumpers, or even tennis balls is a blast. 2013: Participate in local retriever club activities, improve "steady on the the line" and "hold" skills, and bronze medallion - here we come!

Tracking is another excuse to get outside! It is incredible what dogs can do and how they can use their innate abilities to play the games we invent! Training is time consuming and challenging. Having two experienced tracking poodle friends in my area has seriously increased the slope of my learning curve and been a lot of fun. 2013: Be ready for TD at PCA nationals in April.

I may have finally overcome my resistance to obedience this past year. I put more fun into our drills and learned to incorporate obedience skills into daily activities. 2013: CD and competing in Open at PCA.

Health and fitness for 2013: Walking, trotting, and running are key to keeping us both in top form. Body awareness activities and tricks for Nina and yoga and strength training for me.

Friendship and relationships: I am so amazed at the richness and blessings that my dog friends, especially poodle friends, have added to my life. For 2013, I want to be grateful for and nurture my existing friendships and be open to getting to know more of the wonderful world of poodle owners.

Health, success, and fun for you all in 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment